The key to making the right decision is thinking practically. Here is a list you should ask yourself:
- Will the game be fun? – describe it to a friend and see what they think.
- Can I make it? – asks your parents if the game is possible to make
- Is there a clear way of winning? – all games have to have an end point this must be very clear
- Will the game look beautiful? – will the board be colourful? will the playing pieces be interesting?
- Is it unusual? – The best chance of winning is coming up with an unusual idea. This means doing more than just copying another game.